BioGaia Protectis baby drops with vitamin D is a probiotic food supplement containing the patented lactic acid bacterium Limosilactobacillus reuteri (formerly known as Lactobacillus reuteri) Protectis (L. reuteri DSM 17938) and vitamin D that helps the good microorganisms restore a natural balance in the gut.
Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system in children and is also needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
What are BioGaia ProTectis Drops with Vitamin D used for?
Provide live microorganisms to benefit health and/or to confer a health benefit.
- Helps reduce and prevent episodes (duration) of crying in infants suffering from colic
- Diminishes the frequency of regurgitation
Infants (4-12 months):
- Helps prevent episodes of acute diarrhea
- Reduces duration of acute infectious diarrhea
- Positive effect on bowel frequency for constipation
Adults and Children (1 – 17 years):
- Digestive health
- Helps relieve chronic constipation in adults
- Helps prevent episodes of acute diarrhea in children
- Reduces the duration of acute infectious diarrhea in children
- 5 drops once daily
- 5 drops contain 100 million live Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis and 10 µg vitamin D3
- One of the safest and most clinically studied probiotics in infants
- Tested in more than 150 clinical trials
- Recommended by pediatricians all over the world
- 74 million sold bottles
- Shake well for 10 seconds before each use to mix the bacteria culture with the oil.
- To dispense the drops tilt the bottle and give by spoon.
- Use 5 drops once daily.
- Do not add to hot drink or food as this may damage the live bacteria.
Storage: Store in a dry place, not above room temperature (max 25 °C / 77 °F). Keep out of reach of children. Keep the bottle closed. Avoid contact with fluids like saliva or water. Opened bottle should be used within 3 months.
Sunflower oil, medium chain triglyceride oil (palm kernel), L. reuteri DSM 17938 and vitamin D3.
The package includes a white desiccant device for prolongation of shelf-life. The desiccant device is approved for use in direct contact with food and should not be consumed. Packed in a protective atmosphere.