Price is for 2 ampoules.
Prontosan® Wound Solution is a wound cleanser (irrigation solution) for wound decontamination. It contains two key ingredients:
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB), an antimicrobial agent (0.1%)
- Betaine, a surfactant (0.1%)
In Prontosan, the combination of PHMB with a surfactant (betaine) has an increased ability to penetrate difficult-to-remove coatings, lifting debris, bacteria and biofilm from the wound. This is supported by clinical evaluations that have reported increased healing rates and reduced incidence of wound infection.
*Biofilms are complex microbial communities living within a three-dimensional extracellular polysaccaride (EPS) matrix embedded in a thick slimy blanket of sugars and proteins. The matrix acts as a barrier, protecting the micro-organisms from cellular and chemical attack. Biofilms delay wound healing.
- Cleansing and decontamination of skin wounds and burns
- Traumatic wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Chronic skin ulcers (e.g. venous, diabetic or pressure ulcers
- Thermal wounds
- Chemical wounds (acid- and alkali-induced)
- Radiation-induced wounds
- Reduces healing time
- Removes and prevents biofilm
- Prevents infections
- Intensely moisturising wound dressings with Prontosan Wound Irrigation Solution can allow dressings to be gently released without causing trauma to the wound surface.
Irrigate affected area with Prontosan Irrigation Solution. It is recommended that gauze pads be soaked in the solution and applied to the affected area for 15 minutes.