Ketosteril® is a supplement that prevents the shortage of essential amino acids. It contains essential amino acids and nitrogen free essential amino acids (keto-acids).
It is used as a supplement for the management of patients with faulty or deficient protein metabolism in chronic renal insufficiency (glomerular filtration rate is between 5 and about 15ml/minute) in conjunction with limited protein in food of 40g per day or less for adults. Kindly consult your healthcare professionals for further advice.
One film-coated tablet contains:
- Calcium-3-methyl-2-oxovaleric acid (a-ketoanalogue of isoleucine, Ca-salt) 67 mg
- Calcium-4-methyl-2-oxovaleric acid (a-ketoanalogue of leucine, Ca-salt) 101 mg
- Calcium-2-oxo-3-phenylpropionic acid (a-ketoanalogue of phenylalanine, Ca-salt) 68mg
- Calcium-3-methyl-2-oxobutyric acid (a-ketoanalogue of valine, Ca-salt) 86mg
- Calcium-DL-2-hydroxy-4-(methyl-thio)-butyric acid (a-hydroxyanalogue to methionine, Ca-salt) 59mg
- L-lysine acetate (= L-lysine 75 mg) 105mg
- L-threonine 53mg
- L-tryptophan 23mg
- L-histidine 38mg
- L-tyrosine 30 mg
Total nitrogen content per tablet: 36 mgCalcium content per tablet: 1.25 mmol = 0.05 g
Other ingredients: Corn starch, crospovidone, povidone (K-value 29-32), talc, highly dispersed silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, macrogol 6000, colouring agents E 104, E 171, alkaline polymethacrylate, glycerol triacetate.